Sunday, March 16, 2008

Laser U2 & Geo Trax



We went to Laser U2's opening night at the Clark Planetarium on Friday. We brought Ammon and Aaron and my brother, Eric, and his wife, Ragan, came too. I was super excited... because I had gone to the old Laser U2 at the Hansen Planetarium years ago and was happy it was back!

So we get in the dome and it's hot, and the lights are dim, so I decide to take off my hat.

Before the show starts, the host said whoever can tell her what year was the last time Laser U2 was in Salt Lake, they'd get a prize. Everyone raised their hand and I shouted out, "2002!" And I WON! I had to get up and get my prize without my hat on - eesh..

But the prize is.......drumroll please......I get to do the lasers and host a Laser U2! Yippee!

But the show was kind of disappointing. It wasn't really a laser show, as much as just a show, with pictures, that went like a roller coaster the whole time, so after a few songs, Ammon got letharic and hot and sweaty and said he was sick. So I had to hold him and cover his ears and he closed his eyes. We had to cover Aaron's ears the whole time too - it was really loud.

Also, Ammon is really into Geo Trax and there is a character named Eric that wears blue sunglasses and boots and so Ammon ALWAYS has to wear his Thomas the Train pajamas, snow boots, Thomas the Train backpack, and glasses he stole from his Mr. Potato Head (Mr. Potato-Head-sized) and goes around, saying, "I Eric." So here are the pictures of comparison between Ammon and Eric from Geo Trax:



No comments: