Ok, where do I begin?
I'll try to make this quick and concise...
Because of all the uproar, Charles enlisted his sister Holly to watch the kids overnight on Friday night. Holly asked if she could have them the entire weekend, and Charles jumped at the chance.
So the kids went to Holly's Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon. They had fun.
But we found out that Aaron has a bad ear infection (I took Aaron to the urgent care on Sunday night) and so he was a real trooper. He doesn't get fussy too often. He's amazing.
Ammon rode one of Holly's horses, Buddy. He played in their sandbox and made a volcano with his cousins and couldn't stop talking about it exploding. "Volcano BOOM!"
Anyway...
So Charles and I had several "discussions" about expectations and the past and the present and the plan for the future.
On Saturday, Charles went to somewhere west of Tooele to watch a bicycle race and so I was doing random chores at home and decided to run some errands. I went out to the car and I drove past the rental office for our apartment complex. I thought, "hmm, maybe I'll just run in there and sign the lease agreement for 3 more months." (Because our lease ends April 30th)
So I go in.
The lady that was working there is my old visiting teaching companion, Susan. I said hi and told her what I was there for. And she told me that our rent was rising from $756 to $830. And I mentioned how unsatisfied with it I was because we don't even have washer/dryer hookups.
She gasped.
"You mean you've been here this whole time with 2 kids and NEVER have had a washer and dryer?!?" she asked incredulously.
"Um, yeeeeeaahhhhhh..." I replied.
"Well, let's talk about some other apartments in the complex that have hookups." She said.
And I thought, "eh, what the heck."
So long story short: we're moving to another apartment that is $930/month, but with hookups.
So it's a $100 difference - and frankly, $930 is too much in my opinion, but we spend $20 a week at the laundry mat and it's so terribly inconvenient. And we wanted to stay in the ward... blah blah blah.. oh, and we freaking HAVE a washer and dryer SITTING in my mom's garage, WAITING for us - that we got from Charles' aunt...
So my attitude went from "I'm leaving Charles" to "let's make it work, and oh, by the way, let's move."
Oh, and: "Charles, you ABSOLUTELY need to get a job now."
Then we went to RC Willey that night and pretended we had money and dreamed of the things we wanted to buy.
Sunday morning came around. I went into work to get some things finished.
We picked up the boys Sunday afternoon and frankly, I was LOST without them this weekend. It made me feel very strongly about wanting to be sealed to them. I want a happy, healthy family. Is that so much to ask?
It was a wonderful reunion.
Then the whole Aaron doctor thing.
Then Monday morning, today, I went in for a PET scan.
This was to ensure that there is no more cancer in my body.
Have you ever had a PET scan?
It's weird.... seriously.
So I had to get an IV for it. After inserting the needle into various veins in my arm, the 6th try, it finally worked. Yeah, 6 times on one arm.
Then once the IV was in, they gave me some type of glucose radiation stuff that made me RADIOACTIVE and I had to lay in a room, perfectly still for 45 minutes, without anyone near me.
And then they put me in the PET CT scan machine-thingy and I had to lay still, with my arms above my head for 30 minutes, while it slowly scanned my body.
It was weird.
And tomorrow, I'm going back to the same place for a breast MRI.
Oh, and to get my veins accessed for an IV again.
Yay.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Tons has happened over the last few days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment