Tuesday, November 13, 2007

coming out of the daze...


So I had my last A/C treatment for chemo on Friday, and I'm finally coming out of the daze associated with it. The next 4 treatments are Taxol, which begin the Monday after Thanksgiving. We're told Taxol bring on different side effects than the A/C, I will have neuropathy with Taxol (tingling in my fingers and toes) and muscle/joint aches. Which should be much easier than the nausea, sinus headaches, mouth sores, dizziness, etc I've been dealing with. YICK.


Also, Charles went in for his tests with the dr. to see what was causing his fatigue and all his levels in his blood are normal, but he did have to get on antibiotics for something (my chemo brain can't recall). But his stress level is high, and that will increase his sleeping problems, and fatigue level.


Anyway, with all that said and done, we're still holding up. I am off work for a few days to recover from chemo and can't wait to get back. I really enjoy my job and the people there.


You know, we're having a lot of stress surrounding money and just health and some days it's harder for me to be cheerful and optimistic than others. Charles and I are working ourselves to the bone and wearing ourselves out at night with the kids.... and that's all we can do.


I keep referring to my favorite scripture to get me through this time. In fact, my favorite person said it, Ammon. (So I put his picture on this posting)
Ammon said, "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever....Therefore let us glory, yea we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." - Alma 26: 12, 16

No comments: