"I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more of it I have." - Stephen Leacock.
I found this quote in Reader's Digest and really liked it. Charles and I have every right to sit on our butts and complain, but we're out working our hardest and living the commandments and we fully believe that 2008 will be our lucky year.
It's funny, because there are so many people who are kind of ignorant to my cancer. And I just have to be patient with them.... but they think that because I'm functioning and have good days, that my chemo's not that hard or not that bad... in reality, I would have to say I have every excuse to sit around and do nothing all day, but that's not my personality and I think I have a lot of perserverance ingrained. I push myself to my limits all the time. I think you have to do that as a working mother... because there are times when you don't get sleep or anything done on your time frame and then you have to get up and get the kids out the door and work, focusing on something else besides your family during the day. And then you come home and have to make up for that quality time you missed with your kids and make dinner, run errands, clean, etc.
Charles does more than his fair share as my helpmate and partner. (That's why I married him, I expected that) But we work our hardest and seriously, because of our money circumstances, I would honestly get a second job for the holidays, but physically, we can't do that. So we are working our jobs and hoping that when this chapter of our lives is over, Heaven will rain down it's blessings on us.
We have lived in a shabby apartment our whole married life. The housing market boomed when we were single and we didn't think to buy a house when either of us where single, and house prices started skyrocketing right when we got married and started looking - - - and then I got pregnant and month-and-a-half after we got married, and so we had to figure out if I was going to work and if so, daycare costs come into play...etc., etc., ... So we never have made the move to a house and being home in a small apartment (that doesn't even have laundry hookups) during my maternity leave drove me nuts. We're in 998 square feet. ... it's the size of my lunchroom at work. We're so sick of our space, but so grateful that we can afford it right now with all of our medical expenses... but we have 2 kids, lots of laundry, tons of clothes and toys that need storage and we're just bursting at the seams.
Basically, what I expect from God is this: I've been doing my part...paying tithing, fast offerings, working as much as I physically can, praying, reading scriptures, going to church, etc... I fully expect God to do His part and give us either a house or a townhouse this next year.... even if we have to rent (because we have to stay in the Murray/Holladay/Sugarhouse/Midvale area because of daycare).
Sometimes I crumble and cry about our housing situation and see no financial way out. But then Charles reminds me that I need to have faith and pray to God with all my heart and "ask and ye shall receive." I want to tell you right now, that I forecast a miracle for our family in 2008, we will move to something bigger, that we can call home and it will be because of our faithfulness.
I found this quote in Reader's Digest and really liked it. Charles and I have every right to sit on our butts and complain, but we're out working our hardest and living the commandments and we fully believe that 2008 will be our lucky year.
It's funny, because there are so many people who are kind of ignorant to my cancer. And I just have to be patient with them.... but they think that because I'm functioning and have good days, that my chemo's not that hard or not that bad... in reality, I would have to say I have every excuse to sit around and do nothing all day, but that's not my personality and I think I have a lot of perserverance ingrained. I push myself to my limits all the time. I think you have to do that as a working mother... because there are times when you don't get sleep or anything done on your time frame and then you have to get up and get the kids out the door and work, focusing on something else besides your family during the day. And then you come home and have to make up for that quality time you missed with your kids and make dinner, run errands, clean, etc.
Charles does more than his fair share as my helpmate and partner. (That's why I married him, I expected that) But we work our hardest and seriously, because of our money circumstances, I would honestly get a second job for the holidays, but physically, we can't do that. So we are working our jobs and hoping that when this chapter of our lives is over, Heaven will rain down it's blessings on us.
We have lived in a shabby apartment our whole married life. The housing market boomed when we were single and we didn't think to buy a house when either of us where single, and house prices started skyrocketing right when we got married and started looking - - - and then I got pregnant and month-and-a-half after we got married, and so we had to figure out if I was going to work and if so, daycare costs come into play...etc., etc., ... So we never have made the move to a house and being home in a small apartment (that doesn't even have laundry hookups) during my maternity leave drove me nuts. We're in 998 square feet. ... it's the size of my lunchroom at work. We're so sick of our space, but so grateful that we can afford it right now with all of our medical expenses... but we have 2 kids, lots of laundry, tons of clothes and toys that need storage and we're just bursting at the seams.
Basically, what I expect from God is this: I've been doing my part...paying tithing, fast offerings, working as much as I physically can, praying, reading scriptures, going to church, etc... I fully expect God to do His part and give us either a house or a townhouse this next year.... even if we have to rent (because we have to stay in the Murray/Holladay/Sugarhouse/Midvale area because of daycare).
Sometimes I crumble and cry about our housing situation and see no financial way out. But then Charles reminds me that I need to have faith and pray to God with all my heart and "ask and ye shall receive." I want to tell you right now, that I forecast a miracle for our family in 2008, we will move to something bigger, that we can call home and it will be because of our faithfulness.




5 comments:
Kristy...yet again....YOU ARE AMAZING!! I hope that 2008 is your year too! I know that I am anxious to kiss 2007 goodbye as well. It's been rough on us too:( You are doing all you can do! And you are right..the rest is up the our Heavenly Father! Your faith is amazing! Keep it up! You're doing GREAT!
Kristy,
I just wanted you to know that we are thinking of you over here at Dr. Roth's office.
This is such a cute web page. You boys are addorable. Along with your beautiful bald head.
Please let me know if there is anything i can do to help you.
Charity
Thank you for commenting, Christina and Charity! I am so glad Dr. Roth's office is keeping up to date - Dr. Roth (my OBGYN)literally saved my life by sending me to a radiologist for the lump I found. If I had not taken care of it before I had the baby, it would have spread because once my milk came in, I couldn't feel the lump anymore and I would have never noticed it for a LONG time. I am forever grateful for such a wonderful support I have.
I do agree with Christina. Kristy you are amazing!! As I read your blog often you are such a source of strength and faith to me! I can't even imagine what you are facing. But the amount of courage and strength you are giving others is priceless. Your blessing will come and I know your new year will bring great things. Keep on keeping on strong one!!
Thank you, Tami - you especially know my pain... there are days when all you can do is believe it will get better... I think my biggest challenge I face is my housing situation because WE'RE SO READY FOR A HOUSE!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment