Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Nightmare Begins Again...


Well, the thing I've learned is to not take for granted those short moments of peace and relaxation. They are all too fleeting...


The dust seemed to have settled with the whole Jana nightmare - and so Charles called the state of Utah today to see where things were at. Well, the state lady let us know a few things:


1. Jana is no longer the petitioner for the case. The state of Washington is the petitioner for the case, which means that only the state of Washington, not Jana nor us, can close the case for garnishment. It's been that way ever since Jana tried to do the modification.


2. The state of Washington is holding a hearing (which they have not notified Charles of) to determine if the garnishment for daycare should happen. Basically, the state of Washington can tell the state of Utah to withhold daycare amounts..... so basically this means that Jana is trying to, once again, go behind our backs and try to screw us over.


We don't know why Washington hasn't notified us of this hearing.


Our phone calls and emails to Washington went unanswered today.


So, I don't know how they can override Utah's jurisdiction and enforce this - but Jana thinks they can.


So we might be going to court anyway.


Basically, our stance is this: "Jana, we will not start a war, but we will accept your war if you bring it."


BUT THEN, today, Charles informed me that he might be in danger of losing his job. Basically, with all the chaos that has ensued from the chemo and a newborn and Jana, his employer is not looking on his performance favorably - and WHAT DO THEY EXPECT?!?!? Seriously, it's a feat for him to be just AWAKE and get there on time, with all things considered.


And get this: so it seems like every time we have ever wanted to take Jana's stupid butt to court, we have had something come up financially that has prevented us from doing so. GOD, WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL US?!?!


So, we HAVE to stop Jana's efforts to screw us, but we're not sure if that means going to court or what.


Can you imagine 14 more years of this?


Yeah, I can't either....




P.S. The realities of cancer are looming over me today. My Breast Cancer Mentor, Ginger, had her other breast removed today. She had a mastectomy while pregnant, and she finished chemo in November and they found microcalcifications in her other breast in December and they had to biopsy it and it came out that it wasn't cancer, but the scare of cancer returning was a major influence on decision to just cut off the other one.


And my other breast cancer friend, Karie, is dealing with the recent death of her sister who also had breast cancer.


It's all too real.


I started radiation yesterday and it's a breeze. The only complaint I have is that I do it at 7 a.m. every morning, Monday through Friday, and that means I have to get up earlier than usual, so I drag during the day.


Ok, I'm done. Sorry this is so long. Lots to tell you today.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh sweetie. I was soooo hoping that you were going to be DONE with that evil woman. I hope she doesn't get her way.
It seems like when it rains it pours doesn't it. I am so sorry. I can't imagine what you are feeling...but you are STILL in my prayers! Keep smilin' hun!