So, I've had a lot of time to think while off on maternity leave and I've learned so much about this cancer stuff and had to just say a few things---
I am absolutely grateful for all my blessings.
Breast cancer is something I never thought about until now and it really effects your feminity. There are so many women who lose their breasts and then some have to have their ovaries removed or the chemo stops their ovaries and then the chemo makes them lose their hair. It's like your whole feminine identity goes away.
I am grateful that we caught it in time to just have a lumpectomy. I'm grateful that we found out late in my pregnancy. Many women aren't as fortunate and have to have a mastectomy during pregnancy and begin chemo during pregnancy, affecting their fetus. Oh my gosh, I can't even fathom that. I'm grateful for our crappy dinky apartment - because we can afford it! I am not stressing about a mortgage on top of all this. I'm grateful for healthy children! I can't even imagine watching one of my children go through cancer. That would be horrible. I am grateful for modern medicine, where a breast cancer diagnosis isn't a death sentence. I expect to live a full life after this. I am grateful for my youth to get through this chemo crap. I am grateful for a wonderful mother who is always there and a wonderful husband and extended family and friends. What a support! I'm grateful for the opportunity to focus on how precious life is and to focus on Heavenly Father and figuring out what I need to learn from all of this.
How can I be anything but grateful?
-Kristy
Monday, September 10, 2007
Kristy's thoughts on cancer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment