Sunday, September 16, 2007

What we need...


Everyone is asking us what we need. I've thought about it and here's kind of where we are...
We need help with overnight feedings during the first few days of the work week because Charles works and so does the rest of my family. I'll be getting chemo on Friday morning, 9/28, and then my mom will help with the kids while Charles helps me over the weekend. But if I'm not feeling well, once 10 p.m. on Sunday night hits, my mom will have to be home for work the next day and Charles will be exhausted and we need help with the kids, especially the feedings every 3 hours for Aaron. We also need someone to check in on me during the day on weekdays because the adverse effects of chemo can be really horrible and I could have multiple problems. The kids will go to our daycare provider during the day on weekdays, but I will be home by myself, battling it.

On donations end of things, we really could use diapers, size 1 and 6 and gift certificates to places that have healthy food like Jamba Juice because we'll all be zapped. Also meals for the first few days would be helpful.

Chemo is once every 2 weeks and the first 3-7 days after I get infused will be the worst, and then I should be better again.... until the next treatment.

But Charles just started his job, so he needs to be mentally alert and so he'll need sleep and not too much stress as well... so any help would be appreciated. Our ward will be doing a lot of this, but we would love to have family (who we know and trust) help too.

No comments: