Friday, January 4, 2008

Mon amie, Kristy






These are pictures of my friend, Kristy. We met 10 years ago at SUU. We were instantly friends because we had the same name and were involved in the same things.

After learning that I had cancer, Kristy decided to chop her hair off and donate it. (You can see the before and after pictures). It’s really cute!

Anyway, let me tell you a little bit more about Kristy. She’s an amazing pianist. She can pick up anything and just play. She and I were in SUU’s HOPE choir. (She lasted longer than me). She did a brief stint at BYU Hawaii and decided SUU was her home. She was in the SUU Presidential Ambassadors with me and was a great recruiter for the school.

But here’s my favorite story about her:

Our first quarter (it was quarters back then, not semesters) at SUU, we signed up to help out the SUU staff with the Beach Boy concert that was coming. I can’t remember what they called us, I think we were “runners”. And we ended up being the escorts to the manager of the band. He was major druggie trash. I can’t remember his name, so let’s call him “Bob”.

So we spent the ENTIRE day walking Bob around and getting anything he needed. He was high-maintenance and acted self-important. Just a freaking headache to babysit.

Anyway, as the time for the concert drew near, we met the Beach Boys and John Stamos (he’s on E.R.) – John was the guest drummer. And me and Kristy were smitten with John Stamos. And Bob noticed and said, “Tell you what, before the concert, you can pick anyone in the band you want, and you can go out in the tour bus and do anything you want with them and no one will know.”

And me and Kristy looked at each other and I said, “Um, do you know you’re in Utah?” And he said, “Yeah, we were at Weber State last night.” And I said, “Um, well, we don’t do that kind of stuff here.”

He was just amazed and couldn’t believe us.

He said, “Wouldn’t you want John Stamos?” I replied, “He’s hot, yes, but it’s just nice to look at him.”

“Well, looking’s not as fun as touching,” said Bob.

Which we just kept emphasizing that we’re different in Utah.

So the concert started and we actually didn’t have tickets to the concert and the SUU head woman said we were done, so we just walked out from backstage and stood at the front row.

During the concert, Mike Love (the head Beach Boy), saw us and let us come up on stage during one of the songs and he dedicated the song to “the Kristy’s”.

And then we went back down to the front row and the head SUU woman got mad at us because we didn’t have tickets, so we wandered our way through the crowd towards the back and continued to watch the concert.

After the concert and before the encore, we saw Bob working his way through the crowd toward us. We both held our breath.

“The Beach Boys wanted me to find you and take you to their hotel for an after-party,” Bob said.

Me and Kristy looked at each other, hesitantly.

He started walking back towards the stage, assuming we would follow him. We started to follow and then I looked at Kristy, and quoted Joseph from the Bible, and said, “Get thee out!”

And we turned and swiftly walked the other way and didn’t stay for the encore and just left!

The next morning, I ran into her at church and she said, “I still feel so grimy from last night.” And I agreed with her.

So the moral of the story is the Beach Boys and John Stamos are dirty.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Hahaha!!! I love "the moral of the story"!!!! Hilarious! Your friends haircut is sexay!!!! Love it! And what a great reason to hack off all that hair!!!

Kristy said...

Hey Hey! I haven't had access to the internet for the last few weeks as I'm not working at home and we don't have it there yet. Anyway, that's funny that you put that story up. You remembered way more details than I did. I still get the willies though when I think about it and I just can't love the beach boys much anymore...

C'est Moi said...

I still have the SUU newspaper with the story in it! Crazy....

I told this story in church and everyone loved it.