Surprise, surprise…. Jana didn’t respond to our lawyer’s 2nd letter.
This weekend, I set up some things to take out a loan specifically to take her to court. But then I got a bad feeling about it. I talked to Charles. He has a bad feeling about it too.
I can't decipher if it's a bad feeling about taking out a loan (because the lawyer will work with us on payments) or if it's about taking her to court.
This weekend, I set up some things to take out a loan specifically to take her to court. But then I got a bad feeling about it. I talked to Charles. He has a bad feeling about it too.
I can't decipher if it's a bad feeling about taking out a loan (because the lawyer will work with us on payments) or if it's about taking her to court.
Logically, it’s time to take her to court. But is it going to just waste our time and money because even if Charles receives visitation, Jana can still refuse to let him see his daughter and then we'd have to go back to court to prove Jana is in contempt.
What should we do? Any opinions?
What should we do? Any opinions?



2 comments:
Hey Kristy - My heart goes out to you girlfriend. You two have big decisions to make. My advice is this - and you can take it for what it's worth - I think if you both have a bad feeling then you shouldn't do a loan or take her to court. Travis and I haven't listened in the past to those promptings, thinking we knew better, and now we are paying for it...literally. I think you anwered your own question about what to do when you said that it was a waste of your time and money because Jana can refuse visitation. One other thing that I'm sure you've consider is the mental and emotional effect visitation will have on his daughter. With a mother like Jana you can be sure that she'll be filling her head with lies about you and Charles and the experience won't be a pleasant one for either of you. She's still so young and easily manipulated. When she gets older and realizes her mother is a wacko and really wants to know her father - she'll come looking for Charles. I really feel you should listen to the promptings you're receiving. Not that you shouldn't try for visitation - but that now might not be the right time to pursue it. Does his daughter even know she has a father? I wonder if she even understands or knows what's going on. I highly doubt it from what you've written about Jana.
Thanks, Ginger.
I don't think Jana has ever told Ava anything about her having a dad. She may never know who her real dad is - Charles' name isn't even on the birth certificate. So Jana can tell her anything she wants...while we still have to pay her monthly for support!!
Post a Comment