Friday, January 18, 2008

Radiation Positioning and Genetic Counseling Today

Today's a fun day.

I got three tattoos today. I look just like this guy (just kidding)

3 little blue dots the size of this -----> .

One dot under each armpit and one right in the middle of my chest. This is to position the machine to radiate me. I had to lay really still and then they used a CT scanner for the positioning and then that was it! So when I go in for radiation, I just lay down in a CT scanner for a few minutes and get zapped. Dr. Fishbach, my RadOnc, is so awesome. I'm glad I get to see her every week.

I will have 30 treatments (5 days/week for 6 weeks) total starting February 4th.

So here's the funny part: When I was about to leave, the Radiation Therapist asked me what kind of music I liked. I said "U2. Why?" And he said, "When you come in, we like to play music while you are in the CT scanner."

So basically, I'll be rocking out to U2 while getting radiated.

Also, in an hour from now, I'm meeting with my Oncology Nurse Practitioner to discuss doing Genetic testing (since my mom's cousin who had cancer has already gotten it done and she has a mutation). And we'll schedule that. I'm positive I have the mutation. So I'll let you know how that goes later.

No comments: