Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Chemo Schedule


Here is the skinny on my chemo schedule:


I will have 8 treatments total, every 2 weeks... followed by 5-7 weeks of radiation. (THEN I'll be done)


My treatment dates are as follows....

9/28/07: Chemo 1, Adriamycin & Cytoxin (this builds up in your system.. so each treatment gets worse)
10/12/07: Chemo 2, Adriamycin & Cytoxin
10/26/07: Chemo 3, Adriamycin & Cytoxin
11/9/07: Chemo 4, Adriamycin & Cytoxin
11/23/07: Chemo 5, Taxol
12/07/07: Chemo 6, Taxol
12/21/07: Chemo 7, Taxol
1/4/07: Chemo 8, Taxol

I hear that the Taxol isn't as bad as the Adriamycin/Cytoxin mix.

What happens is this: I go in and they insert an IV into my veins for a couple hours and pump me full of crap (literally) and then I go home for 2 weeks and let it take it's course in my body. So the first week after each treatment will be bad, but then I'll build up my white blood cells again by the 2nd week and feel better than the first week.

No comments: