Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Port! Port! Port!

(Charles made me put this video on this posting, because the Swedish Chef sings a song all the time that says, "Bort, Bort, Bort" - but it sounds like "Port, Port, Port" - which is applicable to this posting....)
I got a port placed on Monday, October 22nd - my 3rd surgery in the last 11 weeks....
I did this because every week until mid-January, I will have to get my veins in my right arm accessed and my arm is sick of it.
So before the surgery, they had to give me an IV, and it took 3 tries. I cried. I'm so sick of being stuck and it was just my luck that OF COURSE it didn't work on the first (or second) try.
But I'm so glad I have this port. I should've done it earlier, but I wasn't excited about having a 3rd surgery....
My brother Eric, went with me and when we were waiting to check in for surgery, a rotund, poorly-dressed, ornery man came in and BUTTED in front of me and made this big deal about him needing service because he wasn't feeling well and he was getting an endoscopy and I had to roll my eyes, standing there in my chemo cap. Whimp.
And then, this morning, I had to rush to the surgeon's office because I lifted baby Aaron too much and ripped open the bottom sutures of my incision and I was bleeding kind of a lot. So the surgeon stitched me up again and put more steri-strips on me and I'm all better, so both kids are at the babysitters today so I don't lift too much... I always push myself more than I should - argh.......

2 comments:

texasgirl said...

i love that video! do you know how to put videos from the internet like music videos onto my blog?

megumi

C'est Moi said...

go for it, megumi!