
Today is better. I went to the Nurse Practitioner, Rosie, for Dr. DiFiore. She said that anytime I throw up, I need to call her and let her know because I could have come in and got shot up with IV fluids which would make me feel better. She said that I need to keep taking my anti-nausea meds and get fluid from things besides water (like slurpees and popsicles) because the water makes me nauseated. I feel more optimistic after seeing her. She said this next week should be ok. My white blood cell count is down (which was expected) and my red blood cell count is in normal range, but low for what I was previously at, but my platelets are ok.
I am just overwhelmed.........................
We had Charles' sister, Holly, come relieve me and take the baby for a couple of days so Aaron could have some fun and we both could get sleep. I feel bad that it's come to the point where I have to unload my child on someone else, but I have decided that I'm mentally not capable of being Wonder Woman all the time.... and that it's ok. Holly has no idea how much I appreciate it. I know Aaron is being loved and nurtured, which was something I wasn't doing too well at.
We've decided the week after chemo, I will need absolute help with Aaron that whole time, because I'm just zapped and getting up in the middle of the night made me insane.
I also realized that I have to eat every 3-4 hours no matter what, or else my stomach gets jacked up. I can only eat a little at a time too. I've lost 10 pounds in one week because of the throwing up, so we'll see if I keep it off. I'm so flabby and jiggly though..
I miss feeling healthy and strong.
Friday, October 5, 2007
Today is better...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Kristy, I have been reading your posts daily and I am in awe at what an amazing person you are! My heart aches for you and your desires to be a better mom with all you are going through. It makes me try harder with my kids because I don't have an excuse. I was really hoping to see you at the reunion, but maybe we'll just have to keep in touch this way. Thinking about you and wishing the best. love, Brianna
Brianna! It's so good to hear from you- I emailed you, did you get it? I hope you're doing well and I'm happy to rekindle our friendship!
-Kristy
Post a Comment